Requirements to Apply
In order to determine eligibility for entry into our graduate programs, please visit our Programs page and select the program that you are interested in.
As a prospective student, you must apply online, using one of the following program application forms:
Supporting Documents and Application Fee
Once your online application form is completed (in full) and submitted, you must then submit all required supporting documents (as listed in the online application form), along with the application fee in Canadian dollars.
The application fee of $75 (for degree and certificate programs) or $25 (for occasional and continuing education programs) can be paid in various ways. Visit How to Pay.
Please see our Lay Academy page for application fee information for Lay education.
Your application to one of our graduate programs will be considered by LTS faculty, once the required application fee and all supporting documents have been received by our Registrar’s office. Please note that the supporting documents vary by program but in all cases, official school transcripts and the applicant’s references must be sent to the registrar directly from the school and from referees.
Supporting documents are to be sent to our school registrar at:
- Registrar, Lutheran Theological Seminary
114 Seminary Crescent
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0X3 CANADA
Timeframe to Apply
The timing to apply varies by program:
- DMin: Applications must be submitted at least three months in advance of the formation of a new cohort. Normally a new cohort begins in August of every second year (new cohorts begin in every even-numbered year, such as 2020).
- MDiv, MTS and Certificates: Normally, applications for these programs are to be received by June 30 for those planning to begin the program of studies in September.
- ThM students may apply at any time.
- Occasional and Continuing Ed students may apply at any time.
- Lay Academy: Please see our Lay Academy page for the program timeframes to apply.
Please read Applying for Study at LTS (pdf file) for details on the application process.
Application Submissions by International Students
Our school’s application process and fees for International Students are the same as those for Canadian Students (see above).
- Please visit our International Student page for more information.
Information respecting federal requirements for studying in Canada, including information on visa processes, study permits, work permits and other immigration related issues can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp and http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca