International Students

Students from outside of Canada are an important and integral part of the student experience at our Seminary.  We are pleased to welcome them to our school.




Admissions for International Students

International Students are expected to commence studies in or before the Fall Semester of the calendar year in which they have been admitted. International students encountering student visa difficulties may apply to the registrar for deferred admission on an annual basis.

Study Permit: Non-Canadian students must obtain a Canadian Study Permit to study in Canada. To pursue the permit, a student must be accepted into one of our degree programs.

Language Requirement:  Our school has a language proficiency requirement. For those individuals whose first language is not English, a test of English proficiency is often required.

How to Apply: The LTS application process for International Students is the same as the process for Canadian students:

Application forms must be submitted online.

Supporting documents must be submitted to the Registrar.

The application fee must be paid in Canadian dollars.


IMPORTANT: The online form must be completed in full (or near to full), and the application fee must be paid before we can begin processing your application.


Int.300x200Please visit our How to Apply page for more information on the application process.


Tuition: International students pay tuition at the same rates as Canadian students.

Financial Aid: As a small school we cannot promise potential students any financial aid. Each student is expected to be able to finance his or her own education. In some years, scholarships for International Students are available (please see below).

Accommodations: Our school does not provide meals or housing for students. We can provide however, contact information that students may use to find accommodation in Saskatoon. A variety of food outlets are available on the University of Saskatchewan campus (upon which our school is situated).

Please read International Students - General Information PDF for more information.


International Challenge Scholarship 2024-2025 

The LTS International Challenge Scholarship is for International Students who have been accepted into the Master of Theological Studies (MTS) degree, or the Master of Divinity (MDiv) at our seminary.  To qualify for the scholarship, they must be a member of a Lutheran Church that is a member in good standing of the Lutheran World Federation.  

For further information, please visit our Awards and Scholarships page at and scroll down to the bottom of that page.

Additional information
about studying at LTS

  1. Our annual Student Information and Policies Handbook .
Web Hosting Canada by Zeal Media Inc